Policy information and T&Cs
This Site www.pottytraining.co.uk / www.pottytraining.ie, owned, operated and maintained by KIMBERLY-CLARK CORPORATION with its registered offices at World Headquarters, P.O. Box 619100, Dallas, Texas 75261–9100, explains how we, and all of our global affiliates ("Kimberly-Clark", "us", "we"), collect Personal Data, how we may use it, what rights you may have in relation to your Personal Data and how can you contact us. Personal Data is information about a living person that affects that person’s privacy and identifies them, whether by itself or together with other information that we possess or of which we are likely to come into possession. Before you provide us with any Personal Data or otherwise browse our Site, you should read through this Privacy Notice completely and make sure that you are comfortable with our privacy practices.Please note this Site may contain links to other third party websites. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of the information we collect. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website you visit.
1. How We Collect Your Personal DataWe obtain Personal Data about you in both online and offline contexts. We collect Personal Data when you:- visit our website;- contact our customer service centres or request information from us in any other way;- visit our owned stores;- sign up to our reward programmes;- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies; We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as from your use of other websites which we operate and from related third parties such as sub-contractors.
2. What Personal Data We CollectWe may process the following Personal Data about you for the purposes listed in paragraph 3 below: - your full name;- your contact details (for example your telephone number, email address, home address);- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;- your date of birth;- publicly available information such as user-generated content, social media postings, social media user name or ID, or social media profile picture; - transaction history (i.e. your order / sample request history); and- Device ID (Desktop, Tablet or Mobile)We may also match Personal Data that you provide to us directly with other information about you obtained from third party sources (such as social media networks and data brokers). This may include demographic data, your social media interactions, preferences, shopping habits, interests, geographic location and age or age range. We may use this Personal Data to tailor and show advertisements more relevant to you, to provide you with personalised marketing communications and to help us better understand our customer base and effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
3. The Purposes for which We Process Your Personal DataWe may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:- to provide you with information, products and services ordered by you;- to provide customer support;- to tailor and show advertisements more relevant to you;- to provide you with personalised marketing communications;- to notify you of any changes to your services and to provide you with information in relation to similar goods and services that may be of interest to you;- to conduct marketing analysis to allow us to assess trends and the effectiveness or our advertising and marketing campaigns; - to administer our Sites and help improve our products and services;- to detect and prevent fraud;- to comply with applicable laws and regulations; Data protection law requires us to have a legal ground before processing any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data for the above purposes will typically be because:
• you have provided your consent; • it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to decide whether to enter into a contract with you; • the processing is necessary for our compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation; and/or• the processing is in our legitimate interest as a leading personal care corporation.
4. Who We Share Your Personal Data WithWe may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Sharing Your Information with Partner Companies;
We may ask your permission to share your information with carefully selected outside companies when we believe their products or services may interest you and only to companies we trust and that pass our internal checks, in order to keep your information secure. You may “opt out” of partner offers and programs at any time by updating your User Profile, contacting us or calling 0800 626 008 [(UK Residents) 1800 626 008] [(ROI Residents)] or completing the online form: https://www.pottytraining.co.uk/contact / https://www.pottytraining.ie/contact. Our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for purposes other than presenting relevant offers and programs, and they are required to maintain your contact information in confidence.
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers;
We may share information with companies or individuals, if necessary, that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyse the people who request products, services, or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to enquiries.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process;
We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity (including, notably, when we receive a fair, reasonable and legal request from a law enforcement or regulatory body). In addition, we may release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Kimberly-Clark, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law;
We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights and/or to protect the property or safety of our customers or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction), to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Blogs, Online Postings, and Testimonials;
We may decide to allow users to share comments, postings, testimonials, or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Business Transaction;
In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undertake a business or asset acquisition or prospective acquisition process, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transaction.
- Interest-Based Advertising;
Kimberly-Clark participates in interest-based (online behaviour) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Kimberly-Clark products on other websites based on your browsing behaviour across websites. Kimberly-Clark voluntarily participates in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulation program. As part of this self-regulation program, Kimberly-Clark supports deployment of the Advertising Option icon (“Ad Choices”) in partnership with Evidon. For information on how to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please see our ‘Cookie Notice’ at paragraph 12 below.
- Other Third Parties;
We may share non-Personal Data with other third parties that are not described above. When we do so we may aggregate or de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer, or your device. Aggregation means that we combine the non-Personal Data of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we attempt to remove or change certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
5. Managing Your Privacy Through Your User ProfileWe provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding how we collect, use and share your Personal Data. By changing your User Profile or contacting us as described within this Privacy Notice, you may do the following: (1) you may correct, update and delete your registration account; (2) you may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts; (3) you may choose whether to receive offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you; (4) you may choose whether we share your contact information with partners so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services; and (5) you may choose whether to receive interest-based advertising.
6. ChildrenKimberly-Clark is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the internet safe. We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children without parental consent when consent is required by the local applicable laws (the age at which consent is necessary varies from country to country).
7. Transfer of Personal DataYour Personal Data may be transferred outside of the country from which it was originally provided and may be shared with our trusted third parties located in jurisdictions outside European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK which have no data protection laws or laws that are less strict compared with those in Europe. Whenever we transfer Personal Data outside of the EEA or the UK, we take legally required steps to make sure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you can contact us https://www.pottytraining.co.uk/contact / https://www.pottytraining.ie/contact for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Personal Data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
8. Data RetentionWe retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the products and services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
9. Your RightsData protection law gives rights to individuals in respect of Personal Data that organisations hold about them. You may:- request a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you; - request that we rectify, restrict or delete your Personal Data; and- if you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every commercial email.If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information set out in paragraph 10 below. Please note that requests to exercise data protection rights will be assessed by Kimberly-Clark on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided for in data protection legislation.
10. Questions and ComplaintsIf you have any questions about our Privacy Notice, you can contact us via https://www.pottytraining.co.uk/contact / https://www.pottytraining.ie/contact or phone us by calling FREEPHONE [0800 626 008 (UK Residents)] [1800 626 008 (ROI Residents)].If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to your Data Protection Authority; however, all complaints should be raised with Kimberly-Clark in the first instance.
11. Changes to the Privacy NoticeWe may modify or amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the revised Privacy Notice on our Site. We recommend that you review our Privacy Notice every time you submit information to us or place an order.
12. Cookie NoticeLike many companies, Kimberly-Clark uses “cookie” technology on our Site. Cookies are information stored on your computer by your browser while you are visiting a particular site. When you log in, the cookie tells us whether you visited us before or are a new visitor, and it enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Site. We do use the cookie to help us identify Site features in which you have the greatest interest so that we can provide more of what you may want. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual cookies or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s help file directions. However, if you do not enable cookies to be received by your web browser, you may have trouble accessing some of the pages and certain features on this Site.Please note that some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not respond to these requests or modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.We also use web beacons on our website to collect certain data. A web beacon is an electronic file on a website page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness – for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to our Site. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.As you enter our Sites, we capture and retain the IP address of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device, plus your log-in information, browser type and version, operating system and platform and any plug-ins you are using.You may also choose to download mobile applications offered by Kimberly-Clark. If you use our mobile applications, the mobile application may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID) and information about the way you use the applications. The mobile application may also collect certain information you voluntarily provide, such as product information when you scan a bar code, and transactional information, such as when you make a purchase or respond to an offer. Our mobile applications may collect precise information about the location of your device, such as when you search for a store. However, you must first provide permission through your device before the application obtains such location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. Mobile service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a unique device identifier, when you use our Site or one of our mobile applications.
- These terms were most recently updated on 10th April 2018.
Who we are and how to contact us
This site is owned, operated and maintained by Kimberly-Clark Corporation on behalf of the Kimberly-Clark group of companies (“Kimberly-Clark” or "We"). This site, domain name and all source code and perceptible components in any media including without limitation text, images and audio are protected by intellectual property rights owned by Kimberly-Clark.To contact us, please click here: https://www.pottytraining.co.uk/contact / https://www.pottytraining.ie/contact or telephone our customer service line on FREEPHONE [0800 626 008 (UK Residents)] [1800 626 008 (ROI Residents)].
By using our site you accept these terms
• Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 10th April 2018.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
You must keep your account details safe
How you may use material on our site
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information, education, entertainment and communication only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, reliable, complete or up to date, that our site or sever(s) it resides on are free from viruses.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for their availability, that we do not endorse the contained content or are responsible or in any way liable for any content, products, services or other materials on or available from them or any damage or loss that you may incur in connection with their use.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on https://www.pottytraining.co.uk/contact / https://www.pottytraining.ie/contact.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:• We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.• Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:• We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.• We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:• use of, or inability to use, our site; or• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.• In particular, we will not be liable for:• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;• business interruption;• loss of anticipated savings;• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:• Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.• If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and Kimberly-Clark shall not be liable for any use or disclosure thereof. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site or send by electronic mail, you grant us the following rights and waivers to use that content:• An exclusive perpetual licence to use such content doe any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation in any media in any jurisdiction in whole or in part including modifications or adaptions that do not change the essential character of the content or to remove or correct claims about our products. • You also waive in our favour any and all moral rights (or rights of a similar nature) that you now own or enjoy or could ever own or enjoy throughout the world.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 or equivalent legislation. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us using our online form https://www.pottytraining.co.uk/contact / https://www.pottytraining.ie/contact.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Kimberly-Clark is eager to receive your comments and answer your questions about our products and our company. However, we are not seeking, nor can we accept, unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials relating to the development, design, manufacture or marketing of our products. By adhering to this policy, we hope to avoid subsequent misunderstandings with members of the public who submit comments or ideas relating to products or concepts developed by Kimberly-Clark's employees. Should you become employed by Kimberly-Clark, none of the materials provided in this site constitute or should be considered part or all of an employment contract.
Our trade marks are registered
All names, logos and trade marks used on this site are the property of Kimberly-Clark or have been used with permission. You are not permitted to use them without our express written approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under the above terms.
Kimberly-Clark Ltd,1 Tower View,Kings Hill, West Malling,KentME19 4HA
UK: 0800 587 5298ROI: 1800 946 659Opening Hours:Monday to Friday 9am - 5pmexcept Thursday 9am - 3pm
Huggies® Pull-Ups® and our makers Kimberly-Clark are committed to making our products more sustainable. And we’re proud of what we have achieved so far; for instance, Kimberly-Clark has been named as one of the ‘World’s Most Ethical Companies’ by the Ethisphere Institute for 2 years in a row.
Disposable potty training pants provide a safe, convenient and hygienic way of helping parents to enjoy day-to-day life with their toddlers, while ensuring that they receive great skin care in the most comfortable way. And, although reusable and disposable nappies have been shown to have an equivalent environmental performance, it’s important for us to continue to work on reducing the impact of our Huggies® Pull-Ups® products on the environment.
Here are just some of the ways we are working towards making this happen:
Huggies® Pull-Ups® aims to reduce carbon emissions and cut waste by using lightweight materials, increasing manufacturing efficiency, reducing packaging and transport impacts and using certified natural or recycled materials where possible.
Huggies® Pull-Ups® training pants are made from around one quarter natural materials and Huggies® wipes are made from two thirds natural materials.
The fluffy absorbent fibres in Huggies® Pull-Ups® training pants and wipes are made from wood pulp sourced only from suppliers with a sustainable forestry certification - nothing comes from forest areas requiring protection such as primary tropical rainforests.Huggies® Pull-Ups® has been working towards reducing carbon emissions, increasing energy efficiency, and cutting out waste since 1995 when Kimberly-Clark launched its first environmental vision programme.
We are working hard to reduce our environmental impact by partnering with a number of European environmental organizations in order to measure and lower our footprint.All the brown boxes used to transport Huggies® Pull-Ups® nappies and wipes from our plants to retailers are made from 80% recycled material.
Huggies® Pull-Ups® manufacturing sites all aim to send no manufacturing waste to landfill. We met this goal in our European mills in 2012.Kimberly-Clark has and will continue to design its Huggies® Pull-Ups® products to be compatible with all major waste streams.
 Study by the UK Environment Agency, Department of Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and Waste Resource Action Programme (WRAP) (update released in October 2008) - "An updated lifecycle assessment study for disposable and reusable nappies" – concluded that overall no system clearly had a better or worse environmental performance.